L'École des Roches,
international and non denominational private grant-aided boarding secondary school
Located on a 148 acre estate in Normandy, ECOLE DES ROCHES is an international and non denominational private grant-aided boarding secondary school for boys and girls offering:
a “COLLEGE” (11 to 15 years old) with English language European section (where pupils receive History and Geography or Physics and Chemistry classes in English) for 4 ème et 3 ème classes (14-15 years old), with an aim to start preparing for B.O.I. (Baccalauréat Option Internationale, Baccalauréat (national French exam taken at 18 years old) in international studies).
a LYCEE, preparing to L (literature), ES (economics) and S (sciences) sections of the Baccalauréat (93% pass or above) as well as to the following foreign languages exams: Cambridge, SAT, TOEFL, Cervantés and Goethe Institutes.
boarding REVISION COURSES, for Brevet des Collèges (national French exam taken at 15 years old), French language baccalauréat (taken at 17 years old) and Baccalauréat (taken at 18 years old). The Ecole des Roches also offers HOLIDAY COURSES to get youngsters ready for the new school year.
FRENCH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE individual or group classes:
- complete immersion during the school year, with a view to:
* either become fluent and obtain the DELF (100% pass or above in 2006), DALF or TCF,
* or validate a year spent studying in France,
* or enter the French collège/lycée system (6 ème to terminale), thus gaining access to French Universities.
summer and winter courses: 3 to 9 weeks linguistic boarding courses, including French classes, sports, cultural activities and visits.
Established in 1899, Ecole des Roches follows the example given by the public schools and is the most famous French private school. This is a grant aided school offering excellent education through:
- rigorous supervision, safe surroundings and warm family life
- extra teaching and personalised monitoring
- two daily study periods supervised by collège and lycée teachers
- pupils’ awareness of their own responsibilities and development of their potential and progress
- level classes for languages (English, Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese, Arabic…)
- sport (20 different sports offered, including golf, horse riding, karting, tennis…)
arts (21 clubs offered, including music, drama, visual arts, photography…) and awareness of the world (humanitarian aid, cultural festival…) - excellent communication with parents via intranet and Internet.
Discounts available for gifted pupils and siblings.
* “Welcome to ECOLE DES ROCHES, private school in partnership with UNESCO. All our pupils, from 50 different nationalities, are happy and well prepared for life"